Do you need help managing your Twitter newsfeed?
This tip is for you!
Creating Twitter Lists will help you narrow down your Twitter feed so you can focus on a smaller group of tweets from those you follow.
Ideas for Lists….
- Family members
- Experts in your Niche
- Customers or Potential Customers
- Groups you belong to
Here’s a video that will show you the process I go through to create a Twitter List that I called “All My Favorites”. I like to have a list of people who tweet information that I find valuable for my business.
To create a list:
- Click on your tiny profile picture between Search and Tweet
- Now, Click Lists
- Create a New List on the right towards the bottom
- Give your List a Name and Descriptio
Now, you choose whether you want this list to be public or private.
- Public lists can be seen by anyone and when you add a person, they get notified they were added
- Private lists are for your eyes only
Save your list and it is ready to be populated!
Add Tweeters to your list:
- Search for someone to add to your list.
- When you find them, click on their name.
- Then, click on the gear icon next to Following.
- Click on Add or Remove from List.
- Pick the list you want to add them to.
Now, open up that list. I go to Home, click on my Name, then click on Lists next to Favorites. The newsfeed you see will only be tweets of those in your list.
Can you add people that you don’t follow?
Yes, you can! You don’t have to follow someone to add them to a Twitter List.
As soon as you follow someone, go ahead and add them to a List at the same time.
I hope you found this information helpful! If you have any tips for Twitter Lists, please add them in the comments below! I would love to learn more!
Have an awesome day!